Sunday, May 3, 2009

Soul Cleansing and Cerveza Drinking!

This last Saturday was the annual Lund Cinco de Mayo Party! This was the first year that I have been able to attend, but not my first Lund House Party. What a difference a year makes! I remember parties starting at 8pm and going well into the wee hours of the night (or is that the wee hours of the morning?). This party was kid-friendly with many children running about and having a great time with the party favors Molly and Erik provided; sombreros and marachas! The party was wonderful with great food, drinks and even better company! The Lund's are amazing hosts and even better chefs! Jack enjoyed his first guacomole and tortillas! Here he is with Ellen Lund, what a stinkin' cutie!

The other part of my weekend was spent scrubbing and reorgainizing my house. I went to Target and picked up some new cleaning supplies. I know it is weird but I LOVE cleaning supplies, and it really got me motivated. Tom went out of town to New Orleans for Jazz Fest and while he was enjoying the weather and music I have had 5 days of cleaning, and it has been wonderful! I have been busy cleaning, and I mean DEEP cleaning the house like it has never seen before. Baseboards, crown molding, doors... music blaring loudly through the house as I work on my hands and knees scouring and singing at the top of my lungs; oh what the neighbors must think! Whatever the reason, I feel so wonderful after a day spent cleaning my house. There is a definite connection for me between being organized/clean and feeling totally at peace. I sleep better, I dream more vividly and I am a much happier person to be around. Maybe, just maybe I should make a habit of it....

3 comments:

The Lunds said...

I live really close and my house could use some cleaning! So glad you guys could make it to the party - Jack looks awesome in a sombrero!

Marie Hooker said...

You KNOW I love to clean,too!!! Your house looks amazing and I LOVE Jack's new chair!!!!!!!!!!

Christina Dougherty said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAYYY!!!!!! YOU'RE ONE YEAR OLD TODAY :D

wish i could be there!